Sunday, October 22, 2006

Being Homeschooled

For those of you who do not know me I have been Homeschooled my whole life.

There are some misconceptions I have heard about homeschoolers.

One of them being Homeschoolers do not make it to college.

Interesting statement. Um, guys I am a homeschooler and I am in College taking aviation courses.

Two Homeschoolers are shut ins.

Ok, if you say so. How many of you have gone rock climbing. Climbed a 600 foot crack. Gone whitewater canoeing for a week and a half covering 150 miles.

That's just two of which I have to comment on.

I was asked to answer the following questions.

How Long were you Homeschooled?

I have been homeschooled since I was... Well lets just say for as long as I can remember.

Did you ever wish you weren't?

Let me ask you this question did you ever wish you did not have to be in school? Of course you have. Its the same with homeschooling. There is that perfect day outside or something you would really like to be doing. Instead of being inside. So to answer that question yes I wished sometimes I was not homeschooled.

What was being a homeschooler like?

It was Normal. Well at least to me. Sometimes it was distracting especially with little siblings running around.

What was your favourite part?

My favourite part was being able to go play. During the school year when it snowed I was able to go enjoy it before it melted or started raining. Which was cool considering in Vancouver we never get snow.

What was your least favourite part?

Was all the writing.

If anyone has anymore questions email them to me or comment on this blog or whatever else you want to do.

(This Blog is another that is being blamed on my mother and whoever put her up to asking me)

1 comment:

adamonse@gmail.com said...

I wasn't homeschooled and I went camping, raced go-karts and toured the McDonald's in New Westminster three times.

I have no idea why they kept taking us back to the McDonald's again, again and again. Perhaps it was a lack of imagination, or just early corporate infiltration of our schools.